Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Apologies!!

I just want to apologize for not posting last week. As I'm sure all of you that have kids in school know, it was a CRAZY week getting them back into school and school habits on top of getting myself ready for work and still taking care of everything that needed to be taken care of. On top of that we have our family reunion on Labor Day so I was busy helping with that too. This week is looking to still be busy, but not as crazy so hopefully I can post something a bit more!

I hope that everyone's first week back at TPS went well. Ours was quite good for a change, so I'm hoping it will continue to go as well. I seen alot of consitency in my oldests school over the uniform issues when I was called one morning because a belt was forgotten. As I was waiting for my child to come and get their belt the office was in a frenzy calling other parents over uniform violations and other parents were popping in to correct said violations. As long as they stay consistant with enforcing the uniforms I will not complain, but will instead back them on it. My main problem is that one kid can get away with something, but another kid can't, and I'm not even referring to my child because I have taught them that even though we personally do not care for the uniform code, it is one of those rules in life that we have to live by.

So, I guess that means that I will stop complaining about the uniforms. I may not like them, but I do admit that they make getting ready in the mornings MUCH easier!

Gotta head out and get to work, have a great day all!
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Jo,

"So, I guess that means that I will stop complaining about the uniforms. I may not like them, but I do admit that they make getting ready in the mornings MUCH easier!"

Careful, you might end up being sucked into TPS's evil scheme, with talk like that ;-)

Your attitude is already coming off as level-headed, and that's the first sign :-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Oh, and no apologies needed.

Life happens!

Anonymous said...

Thanks hooda! I'm just tired of the fight, my 2 main "arguments" about the uniforms are 1). the inconsistancy in enforcing them and 2). the cost of having to buy not only uniform cloths but also street clothes because my kids don't wear their uniforms away from school. BUT, since the uniforms have already been bought and paid for, I can't complain about that anymore, and since the schools are following through and being consistant about enforcing the uniforms, I really con't complain there either ;-)
Besides, there's more to life than complaining, right? LOL
Jo

Anonymous said...

The whole uniform debate is an interesting one. As a member of a local school board, I am chairing a committee to develop a uniform policy for our district. We are approaching it from a district-wide perspective encorporating all schools. We have both parent and teacher represenation on the committee. I have done some research on school uniforms as a result of this committee and find that the majority of elementary schools in the US have implemetned uniform policies, and this trend is just now starting to sweep across Ohio. School uniforms definitely have there advantages and disadvantages, but I strongly feel the good outweighs the bad. That said, in order for a uniform policy to be effective, it has to be supported by the parents, and having parents disobey the uniform code hurts everyone. You may not beleive in it, but it is a rule, and should respect it. And it is then your right to ensure that the district enforces it properly and evenly across the to everyone.